Friday, August 9, 2024

August 9th: Emotion

 I approach the shared mini iPad with trepidation. I do not feel grateful. I do not like the way emotions make me feel.

And yet, I am grateful for them. Emotions are the lifeblood of life. Tired as I am, I am pleased with my efforts at work today. An insanely busy workweek, yet I did my best with it. And what more can we ask of ourselves, than to do our best?

I look forward to learning more about my coworkers this year. I am thankful for things to look forward to!

3 comments:

  1. Good job for gratitude! I think it's so important to be thankful for the "negatives" or what are mostly considered to be negatives. Because that's what really highlights the "positives". My husband used to tell me that he likes cloudy days because they didn't have the expectations put on one by a "nice day". I know, sounds a little warped. But it was part of my education into being thankful for things that we don't particularly care for.

    Thankful for things to look forward to! Talk about classic gratitude: grateful for hope, grateful for curiosity, grateful for the opportunity to learn. Awesome! Spark on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embracing the negatives definitely helps us see more plainly what we DO have to be grateful for! That will be nice to learn more about your co-workers!

    Hope it's a great Saturday.

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't looking forward to new thinks much better than sulking over what we can't change?

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...