Saturday, July 3, 2021

A silver lining

 Yes. I did go too far yesterday.

I went a mile today, and hope they average out and I hope I can walk the fairly new ‘usual’ of 1.3 miles tomorrow. We shall see.

On the bright side, I reached another ten mile milestone, and earned this delightful virtual badge:

“Life is short and then we all gather at that post-race celebration in the sky.”
๐Ÿพ 

I saved it to my laptop desktop as DoD, and chuckled to think “Department of Defense”. Ah, acronyms!

But 30 minutes a day of exercise is part of my defense - against unhealthiness in multiple forms.

Would you take a daily pill if it kept you healthier and feeling younger? What if it took you 30 minutes to take that pill?

I guess my pill is exercise. At my annual checkup, I noticed the daily vitamins I take are recorded as “medications”. A few years ago, it felt like being ‘old’ to take the 7 pills a day...but today I am grateful that I don’t have to take anything else on the regular.

Here’s to aging as well as I can!

13 comments:

  1. That she was "aging with grace" was the best compliment our mother felt she'd ever received from various eye and teeth professionals she consulted. I'm cook with keeping the "awesome" in my life in whatever form it comes.

    Well done!✨๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go people dont get the mature health eating being medicine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, the US DoD tends to contribute to the dead, so maybe those acronyms aren’t as unrelated as they might at first appear???
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Congratulations on the badge ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going up to the spirit in the sky ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXrEPNvRO8

    Love the DoD badge. The Day of the Dead speaks to our family. ~ JEANKNEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, looking after ourselves is giving a gift to those around us :)
    doveseyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that idea: the "pill" that takes 30 minutes!! And like the irony of the "DoD" badge . . we'll keep right on living while we're here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I was also surprised to see my daily multivitamin classified as medication.
    Now TWO songs in my head - "Cast your Fate to the Wind" after OKM's blog
    and "Spirit in the Sky" after reading Jeanknee's comment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I noticed daily multivitamin is recorded as medication.

    Definitely exercise and proper nutrition are my 'pills'. Long may it stay that way!

    HUGS
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I'm battling a tooth infection right now, I'm taking a ton of pills 'round the clock. I definitely don't want to have to do this regularly when I'm older for any kind of health conditions, if I can help it! So yes, like you, I'll stick with my daily "pill" of exercise! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes my vitamins are also logged as medications I take. I am grateful that I can walk 30 min.and most days more if I am lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up on your blogs...
    That is definitely a great badge!
    I think I've finally figured out how to get my comments posted on blogs here. It's taken a few tries but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...