Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Wednesday Weigh-In

 161.7

The scale is too old to sync to our new internet connection. The company even says that software won't be updated on these 'older' models. Grrr.

A change is as good as a rest, says Lynda's mom. Well, I am forced into change. I can still stand on the scale and get a number; but I have no way to check the battery level or review a record so neatly compiled by the software for me.

So I deleted the software. And the worry over the recordkeeping. That was a weight off! I record-keep all day; sometimes too much is just too much. I also started to eat 'no sugar' again. Sometimes anger can be a good motivator. Mad at the scale? I'll show it! I don't need its stupid self to lose weight!

I released a LOT of water the first couple of days. My theory is that sugar retains more water than salt. And, lo and behold, my blood pressure decreased. Hmmm.

This morning I felt like the wind had been taken out of my sails. Oh, yes, we are past the peak of the full moon; and sometimes I feel like I can 'feel' when it's over. Do any of you "feel" the moon?

DD's partner's mom's funeral has been set for Monday. We'll travel up this weekend and back on Tuesday. I am so grateful to DD's coworkers who covered in her absence these last two days. Her young man needed her there. The go fund me has been doing well, although I think they underestimated the costs of the end of life in the U.S. I can immediately think of 3 people who could not afford a cemetery plot and were cremated. It still cost their survivors in the thousands of dollars.

Sorry if this blog is too much of a downer. Thanks for letting me get it out of my system!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes the best thing you can do is write it all down so that you can move ahead again. Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🫂 Hang in there. 💖
    I can relate to things sometimes being sub-optimal.

    You’re right about the body scale, BTW. It’s more of a convenient confirmation of healthy decisions, than anything else. I think my *food* scale and nutrition tracker are a lot more important in the scheme of things, at least for me... If I don’t remember to step in the scale before breakfast, I just skip it and weigh tomorrow. No harm done. But if I don’t track my food for a day or two, then I usually am headed for a real gain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speak freely. That's why we check in.

    The scale is only a tool. So is the software. You are the wielder of the tools. Buy new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs! I think you need a sister walk! See you in a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang electrons! I feel the moon vibes too.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...