Monday, September 20, 2021

Next badge and crushing news

 

240 out of 300 miles. 
“Nice work getting to 240 miles. You’ve got real moxie! πŸ’ͺ”

DD got word Saturday evening that her (serious) boyfriend’s mother died. This young man rushed to another state, and is currently working to make final arrangements. We tentatively plan to travel there this coming weekend. My heart breaks for this young couple. And for DD, that makes four close friends who have lost their mothers in the last two to three years. It’s hard.

Today I am thankful that an old commercial popped into my head and brought a smile to my face. “Time to make the donuts.” Have a good day everyone. It will be a full moon here, so we need to be gentle with ourselves and others. Be kind. Pace yourselves. 

10 comments:

  1. I remember that commercial! I always smiled when I heard it too. So sorry to hear of loss of another mother within your DD's circle. Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your DD's boyfriend's Mom. Taht's a devastating loss, but @ such a young age. *SIGH* My deepest condolences. And safe travels when you go there.

    Love Rosie the Riveter. Congrats on the badge!

    HUGS and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the loss: just devastating, and especially at such a young age. Condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new badge.

    So sorry to read such sad news. Have a safe trip as you travel to offer comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad for what your DD is no doubt going through. I'll repeat what sister #1 and I said to one another in the wake of us all losing our brother: everybody be extra careful... his daughter doesn't need another loss just now. YOU be extra careful now, as YOUR daughter's brain has already likely gone to the fragility of mothers in general!

    Hugs((())) And congrats on the badge... the bright news in the midst of the cloudy! I'm a big fan of Rosie the Riveter, too. Off to make my own version of "donuts"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the badge!

    Echoing the condolences of others. ❤️

    I remember that 🍩🍩🍩 ad. πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heart breaking for sure...Moms are precious to us more than any other person in our life. Sending hugs to all

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is horrible what such a young couple have to go through. Your DD boyfriend has to be so devastated. My deepest sympathy to them. It breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the bad news your daughter is dealing with.

    A close neighborhood/school friend of my nephew, 32, died of COVID this week, her grandmother died of COVID last week and her parents both died within a few days of each other three weeks ago. All of them lived together and were active members in our church. I don't know their vaccination status. This is just one of many sad stories of folks in our community known to me and my siblings. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...