Friday, December 17, 2021

I Made It!

 What a year.

Last year, I earned the social distancing run’s 100 mile medal: the Corona Lisa.

This year, since I started when the year began, I entered the 300 mile challenge. I figured I could go a mile a day, and that left 65 days of wiggle room.

Well, I managed 300 miles in 350 days:

AAAAAAAH!! AAIEEEEEEE!!!! YEAAAAAAH!!! 

CONGRATS ON REACHING MILE 300! PLEASE EXCUSE US WHILE WE OFFER YOU A CONGRATULATORY SCREAM!! 😱 😱 😱”

Thank you to OKM for getting the final push of 2.6 miles with me last night.  And giving me someone to be with as I opened the medal. She made me put it on:
I have said no more year-long goals. This was tough - like commitments I already have, a marriage, a job. It takes work to renew and keep those commitments, and it’s all a bit too much in addition to the work of getting it done. So, another “one and done” for my life’s scrapbook! πŸ˜€
When I was healthy and feeling good, I thought about trying for 500 (even better medal, Van Gogh self portrait with ‘you can Gogh the distance’). When the hip posed problems this summer, I thought I’d never make it. I had hoped to return to running short distances; that didn’t happen.
But I am here now and happy to take the remainder of the year ‘off’, or at least easy.
Oh, and the no more year long goals? Oops, I already have two resolutions in the hopper for New Year’s: trying gratitude every day (haven’t figured where to post/publish - likely FB or MFP), and no vending machine purchases. I’m not terribly serious about either one - I’ve always been a New Year’s restaurant lotion skeptic, acknowledging they’re frequently discarded - but SparkPeople evidently worked my personal calendar around to this, so here I am! On to 2022!









12 comments:

  1. Lol autocorrect! Restaurant lotion = resolution 🀣🀣πŸ₯³

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ§‘‍🍳🧴
      Lol.that definitely made me scratch my head πŸ€”

      Congrats on your one and done 300. πŸ™‚

      Delete
    2. Leave it there... it will work all our aging minds! I was giggling as I read! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS!
    Now I wish I had signed up with you as I'm jealous. You look fit! I know you are sassy, so figuring out next years challenge (and sticking to it) will keep you busy.
    I love auto correct errors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! Job well done. And great encouragement from sis!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 2021 resolution was not to sign up for any formal "events" and I have made it (well, almost, I only have a couple more weeks to resist those tempting e-mails)! Your 2022 resolution to not sign up for year-long committments sounds similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! Auto-correct comes up with some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bells...whistles...kudos...accolades...you deserve all of them.
    WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...