Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Warming up for the New Year's restaurant lotions

 😂 I'm still laughing about the autocorrect or autofill predictive text that resulted in New Year's restaurant lotions instead of new year's resolutions.

One of my attempts will be logging gratitude each day. To warm up, I've been writing in a physical journal, and I think I'll keep doing that. It's much more efficient than electronic logging these days. I can catch you up in periodic blogs. So far, I have:

12/26 Today I am thankful for weekends. 12/27 Today I am thankful for sleep. 12/28 Today I am thankful for alley lights. 12/29 Today I am grateful for a flexible dog - thankful Benji let me sleep in when I needed to.

I had planned to get up at my usual time on a work day, since I worked yesterday and will work tomorrow, but DH's loud TV interrupted my night's sleep at 11:30. Sure enough, when I turned it on this morning, the volume was at 23. I turned it back to 17. Couple that with broadcasters raising commercial decibel levels as the evening gets later, and ... well, not a hill I'm gonna die on. It is what it is. It may get worse when he retires and can stay up even later - at which point a discussion may be necessary.

My other stated resolution is "no vending machines". The warm-up on that one has been successful; but with reduced working days due to holidays and break, and ready treats still hanging around, the urge-desire-compulsion has not been there. I've started to buy 15g carb potato chips with the groceries - perfect snack for re-diagnosed diabetic DH, or at least that's my excuse - and I can toss one in my lunch bag to ward off the vending machine cravings when they inevitably resurface.

On a whim, I added "eat sitting down" to the lotions. 😂 I have not yet succeeded in that warm-up. Yesterday I almost got there; then in the evening I dived into some leftover holiday sweet treats and I know I ate one of them standing up. Sigh. It takes time to develop a new habit. The weight's at 167.5, and I'm not pleased about that, but I'm not sure what I'm willing to do to change it. I rode the exercise bike this morning and DD will pick me up for yoga in a little while. Later, I'll have a dentist appointment followed by a cold winter walk with OKM (bringing/wearing the heavy wool coat). A full day for a not-at-work day!  Have a good one 💖

6 comments:

  1. Slather on all those lotions! ;-)

    Some of my lifelong habits have been:
    'If I have to push a button, I don't eat it.'
    I am not allowed to buy anything for sale at a register in any store.
    Nothing to eat or drink before 5AM, only drinks before 6AM.
    No eating beyond 8PM.

    These have served me well. Unfortunately it's an all out battle the rest of the time. I'm still a crackers and cheese eater and it's a tough habit to break...mmmm, melting cheese on crackers.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice to get the Google docs heads up that you've posted here: I have been utterly remiss about blogging. Although I did hop onto OKM's blog recently to send holiday greetings!! And OWJ!! My sympathies on the loud TV: something I also find hard to bear (but yup, we pick our battles . . . ). As for the vending machine at work thing: for a long time I took an apple and put it on my desk in front of my computer screen. Yeah. It did help. Or a yogurt in the office fridge . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wednesday! Great restaurant lotions for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee-hee. I am late getting here to read about the lotions. I think I shall formulate my own "lotions" tomorrow. A perfect New Year's Eve kind of activity. I told you yesterday I had pitched the flour and sugar, so that's a start... the things brought in deliberately for holiday treats... OUT with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh that’s rich! Lotions for resolutions! OY.

    I keep a gratitude journal daily, too. It can be a lifesaver on those down days. It reminds me of all I have to be grateful for.

    Go Benji! Good job letting Mom sleep in a little!

    With my hearing aides, now I find that DH listens to the TV @ a much louder level than I need. Makes me chuckle a little. Thank you, hearing aides!


    May this New Year be a kinder, gentler, healthier year for us all!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...