Monday, January 3, 2022

working like a 1950's housewife

 a real one, not one in the sitcoms 😀

Washing bedding, vacuuming carpet and heating vents - almost took myself out on that one, as I stumbled backward forgetting there was an open hole behind me. 😮 Yikes!

Dishes are up next, but I need a breather. So I'll catch you up on the codified gratitudes:

Jan. 1 - grateful for my space heater

Jan. 2 - thankful for the google group maintainers (and aspiring) daily check in thread

Jan. 3 - grateful for moisturizer

We're having rollercoaster weather here - negative temps over new years, high in the 40s (F) tomorrow, back to negative numbers for lows by the weekend.

After dishes, I may be able to get groceries - it kind of depends on where the bedding laundry is at. I really need to learn to go to a laundromat and get it all done quickly, rather than 4 loads through our small machines. But it's nice to be at home. And we still have snow on the back roads, including our alley access, which tends to turn into an ice rink because of plentiful traffic.

I gave myself credit yesterday for all three New Year's resolutions: grateful, eat sitting down, no vending machines. It is the first time I have 'achieved' the eating sitting down after 8 days of trying. And I had to forgive myself licking the honey knife standing up. Today I have spit out things 3 times while standing up so I can make that goal. Developing new habits can be challenging, but I know this one will be worth it.

6 comments:

  1. Lol on the honey knife. I have an exaggerated fear of sharp things near my face and not even a cheese spreading knife with smooth edges will get near me. Scrape it off with fingers, yes!

    My house needs a good cleaning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you share your grateful list. It reminds me that I have many things for which to be grateful and they need to be acknowledged.

    While the laundromat is quicker, I like doing it at home so I can get other things done while the machine does its thing.

    Licking the honey knife is a hoot! There's no where in this life that I would consider licking a knife "eating". ;-)

    Patience with the goals. It just takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a busy day! You are on your way to making sit-down eating a habit!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a busy day you had.

    You doing well with your sit-down eating habit. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even get over to read until Tuesday... sounds like a great start to your 2022! Thinking hard about how COLD it's going to be Wednesday afternoon...❄❄🧊🥶

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, I got tired reading about all your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...