Saturday, January 8, 2022

How has it been 5 days already?

Catching up on the codified gratitudes:
 
Jan. 4 - I was grateful the google group daily check-in thread had not been recently refreshed. I was able to catch up with news of couples coping with medical situations. 💔 🙏 As I worry about the status of my own DH's health, I learn from others, and my heart goes out to them.

Jan. 5 - DD (dear daughter) 

Jan. 6 - thankful for the ebb and flow of life and the TV off switch

Jan. 7 - grateful for Starbucks, the humidifier, water, and maps

Jan. 8 - Today I am thankful for baths and showers. And spoons.

Well, those are the ones I wrote down in my little gratitude books.  And gave myself a star sticker 💥 for completing that new year's restaurant lotion 😂. Avoiding vending machines is going better than eating standing up. I noticed myself eating breakfast yesterday at our counter, trying to be nourished yet still propel myself out the door to work. I don't think I'm as committed to that 'lotion' as I wish I was.

"The kids" should be over soon to watch our Saturday night movie. I'm working on a sweater for DD and she'll need to help decide on cuffs and ribbing for it. I'll try to remember to get and post a picture later!


8 comments:

  1. Okay...I'll ask...why spoons? ;-)

    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my mind was just in the right space, to be in awe of this instrument I can use to transport soft food to my mouth (something not easy to pick up with hands). Miraculous invention!

      Delete
  2. I love the little things, mixed in with the big ones, on that list ❤️

    Thought of you today when I posted about my recent tracker badges 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love me some virtual badges! I was able to travel over and see them, but my attempt to comment appears to have failed.
      Way to go and keep up the good work!

      Delete
  3. Well good for you that your 'lotion' to avoid vending machines is going good. Nice job! It takes time to get into the habit of eating sitting down!

    Here's to a good week ahead.

    HUGS
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The days do slide by, even when I'm NOT particularly "busy", but for sure when there are things that must be done, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...