Sunday, August 11, 2024

August 11: The Internet and Community Organizers

 Today I am thankful for the internet, which provides me with parasocial relationships, and information to research what I need to feed this dog. Evidently chicken alone, or even chicken and rice, will not meet his nutritional needs. I tried some no-salt green beans today. The detritus:

I cannot tell if he ingested any.  He was aggressive when I cleaned up the first bit of messed-with green beans on the floor, so I'm hoping. I'll also ask DH to call the vet to ask about what to feed him (if he'll eat it) to round out his diet better.

Today I am grateful to the people organizing and executing the tree debris clean up locally. I thought the August 19th deadline for the free drop off sites was generous, until I drove around on errands today.
This was impressive damage - more so from the driving by angle, but I can't stop in the roadway - that's in the middle of being cleaned up. There are piles of branches and twigs here and there on the curb around town, too. So whoever's planning may be right on target with that August 19th date, and not as generous as I initially assumed.  Well, you know what they say about assuming!



5 comments:

  1. Well, I hope that you can find an acceptable array of foods for Benji. It's not easy!

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers offered for all the canines! Carl has been having upset tummy as a reaction to the meds they gave him, so while he's cone-free, he's periodically distressed when he loses his meals!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of tree!

    I have one of my typical 'mom' suggestions on Benji's food. Chicken and rice IS wonderful; Oscar needed it every time he chose to eat poisonous mushrooms. You could try to make his diet a bit more palatable and dish friendly like this. Cook 2 chicken thighs or breasts in low sodium broth or water with rice...I used instant rice because I was lazy. Take the chicken, and give it a few slices, throw it in a food processor with a can of green beans. Toss back into the rice with one beaten egg. Put it in a baking pan and cook slow 275-325 until its slightly dry but not browned. You can crumble it and store in a container in the fridge. It's basic dog food with no additives. If he prefers wet food, add some broth to rehydrate.
    I'll start my own dog-cooking channel soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious to me, but like a lot of work...and I can see Benji turning his nose up at it. Picky boy. He ate some dry kibble last night, moistened with wet food, so I have cautious hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, add a few more items and you'll have people kibble!

      Delete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...