Monday, August 12, 2024

August 12: Flowers

Today I am thankful Benji ate his dry kibble with dinner. I really don't want to cook for the dog. Heck, I don't cook for DH or myself.

Today I am thankful for what appears to be a baby wild morning glory in our yard. And more surprise lilies making an appearance.


Then there are the remnants of wildflower seeds still sprouting 2 years after their intentional planting. And a lovely pop of purple flower from what I would otherwise call a weed. Nice among all the gray and brown.


Today I am thankful the first day of school is over. And I'm a bit surprised at my fondness for school being in session, considering myself largely an introvert. But I like to be busy, and boy howdy, this job fills that bill!

To a good night's rest, for all of us.


3 comments:

  1. Good Tuesday morning to you... hope the splash of gratitude follows you through your busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Benji is eating some of his dry kibble! Doesn't take long for them (or DH's) to get spoiled!

    Love the flowers. Beautiful surprise lilly.

    Annnnnnd . . . you survived and thrived through the first day of back to school. Good job!

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice weeds, er, flowers that you have! They would be a surprise in my yard. I get violets.
    Perhaps you like the routine of work?

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...