Saturday, September 14, 2024

September 14: a sense of belonging

The kind when you’re with people, but the silences are comfortable.

I got this Thursday. I got this last night.

I’m grateful I went last night. I was tired and reluctant. DD said are you going and we agreed we should and we did. What a great community. Small. Are we shrinking? Hard to say. But we need to do our part. A good share of life is just showing up.

Friday night services really require effort from me to get there. At the end of the work week, I just want to stay home all weekend.

Tonight is another event - the 25th anniversary of the monthly potluck. When I was tracking on sparkpeople, I always had a weight bump-up after. Nowadays that seems like a small price to pay for the sense of belonging, the feeling of being with friends, with chosen family.

Hugs and love to all,

Ace

2 comments:

  1. Hugs! Feeling of belonging is a biggie, and one that introverts like me often forget to nurture. Online community helped with that, but it doesn't replace hugs in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT is such a blessing when you have someone you can talk with, who understands you, but you’re both comfortable with silence.

    Yes, the biggest part of life is showing up! Wise observation.

    Enjoy the potluck anniversary celebration.

    HUGS and a good weekend to you.

    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...