Thursday, September 12, 2024

September 12: sweat

 Today I am thankful for sweat. Without the constraint of having to be at work at a specific time, I was able to pedal and pedal and pedal on the exercise bike. I sweated like I haven't in a long time! I'm grateful my body still knows how to do that.

 Today I am grateful for enough to eat. Although I dislike the physical feeling of hunger, I am confident I will be able to eat as needed, as appropriate, and even in excess at times - both in healthy and unhealthy ways.

 Today I am grateful for the wisdom of age. I will not regret not being at work as a friend I've never met in real life passes through my town. Why anyone would want to travel here, I've no idea, but this friend definitely has itchy feet in the idiomatic sense. Probably too smart for their own good. My peeps! 

Today I am thankful for whoever said to talk to yourself like you would talk to your dog. Look at that beautiful belly! 😂



2 comments:

  1. Yeah for sweat!

    Yes, definitely have to be very grateful that food is available when needed!

    Glad you were able to meet this friend! So important . . . those social connections.

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Yes, talk to ourselves like we would talk to our dogs... "good girl! Aren't you just precious?" So good seeing you at our "SparkMeet" this noon and our traveling friend and her crew, too!

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...