Monday, June 14, 2021

The Old and The New

I started to attempt this 3rd new blog last night, but fortunately DH scurried me off to bed. It was late and he wanted to glue himself to a particular TV show. Worked for me - I needed the sleep!

I notice my phone won’t let me read blogs. And the google check in thread looks different on it, too. No “reply to author” arrow.  My brain is stretching and growing so much I swear I can physically feel it!

Meanwhile, at work, I made a hard copy mock-up of a reference document needed for next year. Old school. That just seemed the most efficient way to do it. Then I scanned it into a pdf to send to another location for further work, because, dontcha know, we live in a paperless work environment.
😂 

My attempt to track food on MFP withered. I’ll keep using SparkPeople trackers as long as they’re available.

Busy week ahead. Time to enjoy the comforts of home. TTYL!
🏫 

14 comments:

  1. I found you! Navigating this new platform is making my brain stretch and grow. Like many things, it's good for me, but I don't necessarily like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I can just find you - still working on it.

      Delete
  2. Patience with ourselves, that's what it's going to take! I love the new background you've got up now. I'm trying out a Canadian developed app called cronometer for food tracking. So far, I'm liking it. The basic version doesn't organize the foods into meals. You just enter as you eat. It has a HUGE data base of foods, and is really a nutritional power tool, but the free version seems sufficient for my own purposes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background is called Groovy :) works for me! I may give chronometer a look.

      Delete
    2. I've been trying "My FatSecret", MFP, and cronometer. I like the cronometer the best. Has a large database, and depending on how you set it up, you can see how many calories you have left in the day.

      Betsy bmassie3 on spark

      Delete
    3. Hi!
      Happy to have found you here.
      My brain hurts from too much stretching.🤣

      Delete
  3. I stopped tracking the food and the scale hasn’t budged so I may need the accountability. MFP here I come? Idk, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck finding one that works for you. Experiment of One, anybody?

      Delete
    2. Hang in there; I think we’re all learning and adjusting together.

      Using a cell phone for Google groups, requires using email as your interface... see this page for more explanation: https://tinyurl.com/Maintain-weight-start-page

      We’ll get there - little steps! ❤️

      4A-HEALTHY-BMI

      Delete
  4. Found your new blog home... enjoyed catching up! It looks like you've got the hang of it. I'm still in the information gathering stage of choosing new tools - will continue using SP until it -poof!- disappears or reinvents itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn’t say I’ve got the hang of it yet, but I’m determined!

      Delete
  5. Getting my first blog "up" here was . . . a real stretch (and thanks to your dear sister OKM for helping me out!!) But it's so nice that so many of us are sticking to it and "regathering"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience is like a huge stretch and then that sigh of finally getting it. Takes practice to keep it up.

    Like exercise and eating well.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...