Tuesday, September 3, 2024

September 3: long relationships



Today I am grateful for one marriage in a lifetime. It's what I wished for, and sacrificed for. Probably more of that in the future. Be careful what you wish for!

Today I am thankful for priorities. To know to put people first, and things after that. Or if you ask Suze Orman, people first, then money, then things.
And I am grateful for Suze Orman, the only financial educator DH has ever attempted to learn from. Every. Bit. Helps.

Thirty-six years since our wedding day. We managed to eat lunch together yesterday and dinner today. Go, us! πŸŽ‰

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your great match, you and your sweetie! You are still surprising one another, even knowing all the good and bad bits that living together for 36 years will teach you about one another (and about yourselves, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. looking at the photo, can you help saying "we were such BABIES"! I have one like that of my son's dad and me. Youth looks so good on the young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! πŸ€΅πŸΌπŸ‘°πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, grateful for one marriage, as well. It takes work, but . . . it’s worth it. Beautiful bride and handsome groom!

    YES! Suzi’s quote is exactly what I though of when you said you’re thankful for priorities! Always most important to put people first. She does give practical advice, for sure. Glad DH listens to her.

    Have a beautiful day!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...