Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Wednesday Weigh-In

 There was no weigh in.

Yesterday's weight was 156.0.

I knew if I collected a weight after sleeping in for two hours, I would second guess the number no matter where it landed.

So ... maybe tomorrow. But I face the same problem - if I get up 2 hours late again, it's not relevant to the data points I collect at  4:00 am-ish  on workdays.


 *PARTY*

I'm on a vacation to nowhere!

I'm afraid I was a bit lippy at work - when people asked where I was going, I responded, "Anywhere but here!" Sure sign that your employee needs a break.

And it's been good so far.

No texts to tell me of any troubles at work.

And then I look at the calendar.

"How can this be a vacation when I have so many appointments?" I exclaim to no one in particular, although DH is here.

I got the car's oil changed this morning.

I walked with OKM, to avoid the hottest part of the day.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are physical therapy; Wednesday is an early celebration (shopping with) for DD's birthday.

 *PARTY*

So, like a close co-worker put it, just the luxury of doing what I want when I want.

I'm working to schedule an appointment for the ears; it will be 3 years in October, and they want to send them in (off to the shop?) before the warranty expires. Like car maintenance, I figure. Their 6-month 'oil change' appointments run $70, but when they cost the same as what we pay for a used car, they need to be maintained.

How did I get off on that tangent?

I guess that's what blogging is for. Just cleaning out the thoughts to make room for more.

(double posting)

...because one of the things that helps support me is spewing thoughts to the internet at least once a week. I am so grateful for my virtual friends who visit and comment. Thank you!

 (((HUGS)))

7 comments:

  1. It’s called a Staycation, when you take your vacation time off work, but don’t travel. I don’t see why you HAVE to travel for it to be a vacation. Traveling has always been a different kind of stress to me; a stress I avoid to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Traveling is a different kind of stress! "Staycation" somehow died in the pandemic for me. A vacation to nowhere sounds so relaxing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to walk at a different time with you, have the luxury of showing off the new door, where to find the widgets on a website, etc. Life is good! And I'm glad you're in mine!✨💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have Phonak ears, yes, they have to send them back to manufacturer to have the batteries replaced. ACK! I still have 2 yrs. but already dreading it. The audiologist assures me that she’ll give me some ‘spare ears’ for the duration.

    Well, glad at least that you have that time to do what you need to do/want to do w/o work pressure.

    Hugs and breathe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are Phonak! Thank you for new-to-me information!

      Delete
  5. I like that "Vacation to no where" and you are right it leaves me with a picture of a tropical island with the breeze blowing gently through the palm trees! AND I didn't have the hassel and anxiety or real travel crap!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your Staycation. I think any day not having to go to work is a vacation. That's retirement - my permanent vacation. I heartily recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...