Saturday, July 31, 2021

Boss Lady Level


 

“ Congrats on reaching 200 miles! Keep going strong and remember what coach Angie says, “YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS!” “

When I take a moment away from my extended pity party (SparkPeople is dying, my job is hard, my hip hurts again), I am in awe.

200 miles.

That’s what I tried for last year, but only made it to 120.

I’ve got 200 new miles this year. 

Wow.

If I get 100 more, I will open the medal. There are people in the running group who are close to 1,000 miles - I love seeing the virtual badges they earn and hearing of their adventures and accomplishments. They remind me of my love of running, even if I’m not doing it.

OKM is up to jogging a bit. I mentioned to her on my last visit how I admired her running for those who couldn’t - I just never imagined I’d be one of them.  Go ahead and put in a few steps for me, sis 💗 but be careful 🐓🐓🐓

The weather was so nasty hot and humid Thursday that I didn’t get a mile. I was hoping, but... The first time I took Benji out after work, my glasses fogged up just stepping outside, like they do when opening a hot oven. Couldn’t see out of them. I thought, “I’ll walk later, when the heat has lessened a bit.” A few hours later, I open the door to take Benji out again. This time the glasses clouded up - I could see through the haze, but it was enough for me to give up the dream of walking myself. It waited until Friday.

And today the before school busy-ness continues: eye appointment and order new glasses. We’ve finally got some rain, and I hope the effect is to wring out the unbearable humidity. I just had oat bran and a banana for breakfast; a good start to the eating day. And it’s the weekend, so if I am tired, I can rest or nap rather than eat. It’s good to remind myself of that. Hugs & have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Good morning, Sis! You've been busy early... I've been lazily listening to the rain on the roof. I had originally planned on a jog intervals around the lake at sunrise, and that kind of got rained out... but certainly the next time I get out there, be it later today (to be hoped) or beyond... I'll dedicate some of those intervals to YOU! And I expect a return favor one day, because I somehow don't think you are "done forever"!😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempted to add 50 jogging steps - glad I didn't. But improvement from this recent setback seems to be happening faster. I'll take it.

      Delete
  2. Remember you have to learn to walk before you can run!
    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you 2/3rds of the way through today's walk when I realized I was wearing a ponytail but had not felt it sway. Hooray!

      Delete
  3. Hang in there.

    Honestly I’ve walked so much indoors over the past what feels like an aeon, that I’m surprised there aren’t figure-eights worn into the rugs! 😂

    It’s not as fun as being outside, but I reckon it’s better than not doing it? Besides I’ve enjoyed some pretty good audiobooks... this one in particular: https://share.libbyapp.com/title/2985768

    The Woman Who Smashed Codes
    about Elizebeth Smith Friedman 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'do what you can with what you have where you are' - figure-eights work!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Alicia! Sorry to hear the hip is "barking" again. But, good to hear that you'll be seeing the PT tomorrow. I know that experience of stepping outside in humidity and having the glasses fog over after a couple of summers in Houston, TX. ~ JEANKNEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the term - "barking" - seems to suit it. I am underwhelmed by PT. Seems like a "it hurts when I do this" - "well, don't do that then" situation. Probably something I'll have to manage for the rest of my life. Price of growing older, as one sister says.

      Delete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...