Wednesday, August 4, 2021

It's Wednesday during busy season!

 I have no idea what I weighed. The scale recorded it.

Yesterday, eldest sis dropped off some iris bulbs and I dutifully got them planted asap. In the process, I discovered this:


Words cannot express my delight!  I think it might be a monarch butterfly caterpillar.
Part of my delight has to do with a family story - after DH had pulled weeds a few years back, I expressed disappointment: "You took out the milkweed!" He was confused, and concerned about my feelings. "But WEED is in the name!" he replied. Then I explained that milkweed is the food for monarchs, so I had been leaving it with hope in my heart.
And indeed, it did come to pass that another year, a solo monarch danced with our one milkweed. I went into the house to get the phone to take a picture; it had left. It returned. I went into the house to get the camera again; again it had departed. It returned again, but I just enjoyed it at that point.
Caterpillars don't move as quickly, so I was able to get this shot yesterday.
I'm so excited about it that I may be late to work :)   Have a great day, all!


7 comments:

  1. Nice!

    I’ve seen lots of butterflies (we have a large milkweed patch plus oregano and other attractive flowers). Haven’t looked for caterpillars. Maybe I’ll do that today 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope springs eternal! I am certain that somewhere in my huge weed patch there is milkweed, for I generally see Monarchs come the migration season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 99.999% sure that's a monarch! We used to keep them on our screened in porch then release them when they emerged from the cocoons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My scale said I lost those 2lbs I reported, but I also asked the bf to check the batteries for me. Hence, the why I didn’t mean to report it on MFP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, a monarch butterfly in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share your excitement for monarchs and their caterpillars! Such a treat to see them in both your blog and 4A-HEALTHY-BMI's this week!! ~ JEANKNEE

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...