Sunday, August 8, 2021

Good walk this morning

 The next badge says:

 Get’n it done! Your body is a machine switched to “On”.



I am only ten miles behind where I’d like to be.  Today I feel optimistic about completing the 300. Other days I’ll be despondent: “But I’m x number of miles behind!”

Weekend chores to do, so I can’t stay on here long. I found 4ahealthybmi’s blog and was flattered/delighted: 
https://4ahealthybmi.wordpress.com/

The caterpillar looked dry and limp the second day, so I consulted with OWJ. Molting? The following day its healthy self was at the base of our yellow-aphid-covered milkweed. We need some ladybugs! I haven’t seen the caterpillar since, but I’ve got the joy of memories, and who knows? Maybe I’ll get to see some other facet of this bit of nature before it’s all over.

Friday was my last physical therapy session for the hip. It has improved. Yesterday it talked, and I listened, so I got 1.2 miles of walking instead of 1.6. But today the 1.6 went well. I think it helps that rain overnight blunted the heat. 70 degrees Fahrenheit when I went.

Well, off to those chores. Have a great day! ❤️

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with the chores. And congrats on the badge! 😁

    Even when I don’t get my target steps of miles, I reckon I’ve done better than I would have if I hadn’t been aiming. I guess my pedestrian way of saying that I “land among the stars even when I unsuccessfully shoot fir the moon.” Pun halfway intended (“pedestrian”). Sorry, couldn’t resist. 😉

    And anyway, you might SEE 👀 something interesting while out there...and take a photo...and inspire someone else... 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣 pedestrian - I liked it! And blogs inspiring blogs is great - glad to see it still happening ❤️

      Delete
  2. Awesome. And the linking back and forth grows. One thing I have observed in my review and decide process is how often I riffed off someone else's blog... I copied one of yours to save, as I riffed off it!

    I've done the same with a couple of others, but many, unfortunately, have already deleted their accounts and with them, much content that I had considered riff worthy!

    Hugs, glad your got your 1.6 in today. 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When/if you come up for air, I’m curious which of mine you saved...

      Delete
    2. The classic "Becoming One of Them". I found I have two copies of it... I might have copied it and then when I got to my own "Riffing off my sister's blog" copied it again!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your last PT session. And good that you're listening to your hip AND getting closer to your goal. Great job!

    HUGS
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love almost all bugs. The wasps are banging my windows like they want to come in. I don't love them.
    Great job on the badge.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...