Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Wednesday Weigh-In

161.2

It was hard to leave work yesterday; not everything was done. Even things I hadn't thought of weren't done - like clean out the coffee pot!  The employee who used to do that has moved to another position and location. So I guess I'll check it when I get in ...

I feel very boring this morning. I used to answer acquaintances' "how are you" with "still married to the same man, still live in the same place, still work at the same job". That actually takes a lot of skill and effort to accomplish, but on the exterior looks mighty darn boring.

My excitement this week has been in the entertainment of The Bite. I like it more than DH - he's watched 3 episodes, I've watched all 6 twice through. Still, we pull funny lines from it and use it in our everyday life.

"Sauna" is the word of the week. The weather has been hot and humid. I've declined walking the past two evenings. I intended to yesterday, but when the dog wouldn't even go, you know it's oppressive. And 'sauna' also for the free facial of continuous mask-wearing at work. I find it almost easier to just leave the thing on my face, although I've heard we're permitted to remove it when others aren't around.

Think I'll try to find an image to close with.  Have a good day!



10 comments:

  1. Good Wednesday morning! I saw the number and thought... is that the temperature? Seriously, 79℉ at 5:40 a.m.?

    So... taking it really easy this afternoon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just completed my walk in our sauna this morning. Dew point is 72 and the temperature was 74! Close to 100% humidity, I'd say.

    I'd just leave the mask on too.

    As for response to people's queries?
    I use:
    Awesome.
    I woke up this morning.
    I let my spouse live to see another day.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW on your comment on my bug blog. When I took the kids to the park, they kept finding Lantern Flies (invasive) to squash. Apparently I'm now the 'bug whisperer'.

      Delete
  3. Pretty hostas! 😁

    Gee. Preserving the Status Quo isn’t an effortless, “happily ever after” thing?! Who knew! 🤔😂

    Have a good day. Hope the coffee pot got cleaned. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually they’re surprise ladies-pink ladies-naked ladies (no leaves). Their season is short, but I enjoy it when their blossom surprise use with their sudden onset.
    😂 seems like SparkPeople get it. Change is work, status quo is work....didn’t I have a spark placard like that at one time? Chose your hard!
    The coffee pot was cleaned (by me) straight away. Planning on repealing the leftovers and dumping it today. Then someone else will need to take over, or it will be stored away until the next event-like meeting. With our covid numbers rising, that could be a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Sometimes boring is good! For sure.

    Yes, sauna described our weather this week, too, but finally getting a break today. The high is supposed to be 81. That will feel refreshing!

    Oh, if I take the mask off, it is WAY HARD to put it back on. So, when I mask, I just keep it on. Definitely a facial sauna!

    LOVE the picture! Beautiful.

    HUGS and have a great FriYaY and weekend.

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to be catching up with all the missed blogs. I know we had the past week of sauna weather and I just could not do it (walking) either. I am like you - still retired, still caring for mom, still married to the same man - life goes on. - Hugs and Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers.

    When I was in the corporate world, I observed that the top-level manager in our division always answered "SUPER" and when he thought folks were out of ear range, would mutter, "stressed" or "bad" or "bummed" -- whatever fit the situation for him.

    I've taken to replying "doing my best" as I was slipping into pity-party mode that was even bothering me.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...