Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Orange hair and purple glasses


 


Good morning!
163.2
I love my new glasses. I went a little wild and dyed my hair. It takes some age off, I think (good for the ageist work force), but if I’m honest with myself, I think I like the natural color including grays better. Well, too late now!
🤣
Part of being human, trial and error, the experiment of one.

 I’m taking frozen meals for lunch this week, but I think it’s last night’s pizza that helped the weight bump along. And...not tracking. I really need to do that - it works. I have terrible food amnesia. Last night I almost ate when I felt hungry and forgot for a moment that I had placed a pizza order. Sigh.

My hip is feeling better, but I’m left fearing that anything I do will aggravate it and make it hurt again. Up to and including the stationary bike! Still, I am pleased at the increased tolerance I’m seeing there. Longer bike rides. I’ve fallen into my old difficulties of getting strength training in ... and I need it now more than ever. Wonder if I can find an incentive system to get me on track again. I almost feel like I have too many options, too many choices, and I can’t decide, much less act.

This week I’ve been working on “the things that you dislike about other people are things you dislike in yourself”. Can you believe I have a coworker whose insistence on placing herself first aggravates me? That’s actually a healthy behavior! Good grief.

Well, off to the trenches. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

11 comments:

  1. Very nice glasses! You see us through them, and you look good, doing it! 😎

    I like the hair color, too.

    For me, I need to track my food; even if I’m listening to my hunger and how I feel, I need to know what I ate and how much of it. Because sometimes I don’t figure out correlations until after the fact. (Too much dried fruit or starch in breakfast? Maybe that’s why I had cravings at lunch or dinner time.)

    I get amnesia too. ❤️

    So for me, ease of tracking is really important. I need a tracker that lowers the annoyance barriers enough that I’ll actually *use* it. 😂 I’m glad I have found one that does that for me.

    I have to confess, though, that when life was crazy and upside down fir the past several years, even using my favorite tracker wasn’t something I could deal with. I had to remove the sources of the stress in order to have the wherewithal to focus on *me*.

    Keep on. You’re doing very well balancing that stuff! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the glasses and the hair! We learn from all our hair experiments.

    Glad that the hip is feeling better.

    Oh I have heard that so often. It’s the things that we notice in others that annoy us are REALLY traits WE have, as well. And for sure, putting one’s self first is self-care (at least in most cases!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new glasses too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the glasses; jewelry for your face. I see more hair...let it flow and shine!
    I've been thinking electric blue highlights again. My family says I'm nuts but we already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glasses look great -- purple is fun!! And your hair looks very natural but as you say: all an experiment and what YOU feel counts most! I'm with Anja: removing the source of the stress is job #1 . . .

    My experiments with somatics seem to be helping with my own hip woes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look! Stay safe, stay sane and stay on course. Fun! A necessary nutrient for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute glasses on a cute sister! Love the expression! Waiting for the second report though... which you won't have for a week or so of wearing, in all likelihood. The one that says how they work with the mask!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good choice of glasses! I still have to weigh and measure all the time. I have been in maintenance for a few years now. Maybe one day I won't have to but until then I am okay with it. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. All caught up!

    Nice looking glasses.

    Even though the box says permanent color, it fades a bit more every time it's shampooed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frozen meals sound great for me. Anything but cooking. You look great! I hope your day has been a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...