Friday, September 3, 2021

Beginning Well and Serenely

 33 years ago...DH and I married. No removing the garter with teeth for me - too vulgar and private! But he can remove it with his hands ... and return it to the owner. It was both something borrowed and something blue.


DH did not want cake smashed in his face. He didn’t believe how passionate I was that that would not happen. The symbolism for me is about nurturing and caring for one another, so yes, I insisted we would feed each other bites of cake. He was still hesitant, but obliged.

How quickly the years fly by! Hug your loved ones and savor every moment with them. Life is precious, and good.


13 comments:

  1. Alicia, congrats to you and your DH! What a fun photo you have shared:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bride! I share your feeling about the garter. Same thing . . . no teeth! UGH And no cake smashing, either. YES that’s what we did, too . . . . fed each other a bite of cake . . . civilized!

    Oh we’ll be celebrating 33 yrs. on 05 November. Can’t believe how quickly time flies, too, when you’re having fun.

    Congratulations! 💞💓💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still beautiful and handsome, decades later! Congrats on your persisting love for one another, both putting up with differences, and cherishing them. Respect! I think you have won the sibling marriage longevity sweepstakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo! I just don't get the cake smashing as being perceived as fun. Oh well. November 4 will be 43 years for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! ❤️

    I am so leery of the procedure, I’m an inveterate long-term live-together-er. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! May you have many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said, time passes quickly :) congrats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Yes, time does fly DH and I are married 32 years nearly 33 too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the two of you and may you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 33th Anniversary!! Keep the flame alive!

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...