Friday, January 28, 2022

I Need New Lotions

For the non-regular readers: My New Years Resolutions became new years "restaurant lotions" when autocorrect took over.

And those lotions are getting stale.

It's time for new goals!

How funny that I never made new years resolutions until SparkPeople, because I knew they were usually discarded by the end of January. Now I understand them to be goals, and I'm grateful for whatever goal-setting skills I have.

Last year's year-long goal was too long. Maybe I need to re-work once a month? Who knows. I know I'm actively looking for that next 'hook', the next thing to keep me moving forward, fighting the good fight for health and well-being.

I need a goal to keep me active. After getting my 300 miles last year, I kind of went pffft with the regular walking. And this week my hips and legs have told me about it. Yesterday I walked .68 of a mile and runkeeper'ed it, just to get a shout out from Dee. Thank you, Dee.

In this transition to setting new goals, I usually 'see' if I can walk 30 continuous minutes. That's the baseline for beginning most running programs, and I still daydream about returning to some form of running (I was always an interval run-walk person). I think I was working on that in early 2020 before getting sick and I never quite got back to it. I'm likely an early OGcovid case without any medical proof. Loss of sense of smell is the biggest evidence. On the bright side, with the three pokes, I'm hearing recent rumblings about 'super-immunity'?!?  I'll take it.

But back to the new goals. Grateful every day is still a goal. That one is year long, likely to gasp its last breaths in July or August due to work pressures. We shall see. One day at a time. AND - yay, me - I DID write down gratitudes on the day I thought I missed. I found the slip of paper after I wrote my last blog. So, for January 19th:

Today, I am thankful for: beating the morning rush, a sister who is cold-weather-aversive, and my car still starting.  To catch up the rest of the days:

1-22 it felt warmer this morning

1-23 I didn't have to make the tight and somewhat treacherous turn into my parking spot because DH and DD were parked far enough to the west

1-24 Benji

1-25 librarians

1-26 dog training pads

1-27 DH walked Benji

1-28 a beloved niece's gift giving skills.

Below is a picture of the aforementioned gift, which I described to a co-worker as I grinned, who responded with a horrified look, "YOU LIKE THAT?!?"  Why yes, yes I do. 😂


It claims to be the world's most difficult jigsaw puzzle - two sided, repeating image, same image turned 90 degrees for the reverse. But it does have a central image and a straight edge border, so I may have a fighting chance. I used to work "Impossibles", which had no border and five extra pieces. But they weren't 2-sided.

So as I work toward finding a keep fit or keep active type of  'restaurant lotion' 😂, I'll also chip away to get the puzzle fitted together. Initial estimate was completion in July. But I'm happy and laughing at it. And I'm now telling people, "Never mention to a beloved niece that you are 'pandemic bored'." 💗

10 comments:

  1. Sweet puzzle!
    I was not a goal person until SP. I still denied "goals" but preferred they were things to attain. Goals in disguise.
    I love short ones. The shorter the better, that way I feel accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much to your credit, you know YOU pretty well. Wishing you much luck w/your puzzle! Mom and I worked a few of those 'impossibles'. challenging.

    LOVE your gratitudes -- simple, to the point. That's my style, too. For today, my gratitude is for sunshine!

    Good luck coming up with a goal to keep you active. In my house, Miss Lilly is my motivator, for sure!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... 30 continuous minutes, every day for 30 days? That's one I read in a book by a cardiac doctor... it was his pre-surgery fitness qualifier, before moving on to strength training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. 2-sided(?!)

    I like a decent challenge so I’m fine with lots of tiny pieces, but I think I might draw the line on two sides. Or not having straight borders. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do love a good goal enhancer :), when I joined SP I waited till after New Years so I would not let myself 'fail' because I made a resolution :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have mixed feelings about goals -- even after almost 10 years on SP and participating on several teams that addressed goals. My inward rebel doesn't like being told what to do, even if it's by myself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - That puzzle is a beast! I have three new 1,000 piece puzzles waiting for me to feel the puzzle-time vibe.

      Delete
  7. Me too, as soon as it is called a goal or a challenge I try to find ways of not doing it. My inside rebel really messes up challenges for me. Good for you on your goal setting and working on that super challenging puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The puzzle is great exercise for the brain. For me, it would make the goal of not using inappropriate language impossible to maintain. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! That's a fiendish puzzle for sure -- glad you are up to it!! All best with the other goal setting too!!

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes the Sun

I wash my hands and gaze at my painted nails, and I realize that I “feel” those 13 additional minutes of sunlight gained in January (in leng...