Sunday, August 25, 2024

August 25: Sunset

Today I am thankful for unexpected gratitude, like:
Today, I am thankful the sun is setting earlier. Anything to help mitigate this unbearable heat.
Today I am grateful for indoor pads for dog use. Outdoors isn’t fit for man nor beast.
And I am grateful for air conditioning, and stores that open early, and visiting with sisters...and, and, and. 
Predictable gratitudes for me. But at the time of year when I am cross about daily dwindling of daylight, I surprised myself by being glad the sun would go down soon, and hopefully give the earth a chance to catch its breath, as it were. One more day of oppressive heat to go, in this round.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, at least it does cool off when the sun goes down! Grateful for that, too.

    And yes, Miss Lilly is not happy outside (don’t blame her!) so . . . she’s using her pads, happily.

    Our heat doesn’t break til Wednesday. Excessive Heat Watch today and tomorrow.

    Stay cool!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In this round"... key words. It is no doubt not the last hurrah of the heat episodes, but we know it should be "on the wane".

    Life is good!

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...