Monday, August 26, 2024

August 26: setting boundaries

Today I am grateful to hear DH sticking to the boundaries he set with a toxic person.

Today I am thankful to still have DH here to delight and to irritate me. I am grateful we’ve had 36 years together.

I am grateful we have Benji to care for and fuss about. I am grateful the heat is supposed to begin to diminish tomorrow.

Today I am thankful for this exercise of codifying gratitudes. I believe it is helping me navigate this part of the year more successfully. Until tomorrow (I hope)!

❤️

3 comments:

  1. Good for DH sticking to boundaries. So important in preserving mental health when dealing w/a toxic person!

    Congrats on 36 yrs. Our 36th is coming up in November. Where does the time go???

    Wonderful Tuesday recognizing all your blessings. Much to be grateful for here, too, and at the moment, top of the list is air conditioning in this heat!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that "36" and pondered, "didn't you just celebrate 25?" Eleven years sure sped by!

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...