Friday, August 30, 2024

August 30: old friends

Well, the natural gratitude today is for old friends. One of mine has a birthday today, as well as his wedding anniversary. Me and my "not-husband" (March 2022 - where does the time go?):


Today I am thankful my boss did not ask me to get food for Tuesday morning's meeting. She did ask me to prepare the coffee urn; I can do that.

Today I am thankful for the advantage of learning about wigs as my mother wore them for her thinning hair and cold head. Now I'm wearing them for the same reasons, and putting that knowledge to good use.

I am grateful for the generous spirit that overcame and-or moved me today. Sharing has always been hard for me. But maybe this was giving. Giving feels different than sharing. I willingly gave a new spiral fidget toy to a coworker when she said it seemed like something her son would like. And she accepted! I also gave my best pen to a different coworker, who was filling in for an essential third coworker today. My behavior didn't seem like me to me, but I was grateful for it. I may very well find that pen on Tuesday, but if I don't, I'll be okay. Maybe it's the wisdom of age and knowing the stuff is just stuff and other things matter so much more.

Hope you are having a good day, too!

Love and Hugs, Ace

4 comments:

  1. What a wise thing you wrote there: " stuff is just stuff and other things matter so much more." Amen, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up a favorite pen is a tough choice. I'll share many things, not sure about the pen. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo.

    Glad you were assigned to get the coffee urn set up and not food prep!

    Awesome! Yes, that is giving to be sure! Nice gestures. And I do believe for sure that age does provide us with the wisdom to know that stuff is just . . . stuff. . . and other things (like giving) matter much more!

    HUGS and here’s to a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think giving your best pen is brilliant! It shows you can let go of something you (sort of) cherish, and as you said, it's just stuff.

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...