Saturday, August 31, 2024

August 31: dear daughter visiting


Today I am thankful that DD's over to visit. We don't do anything special, just hang out and chat and maybe reference current events and pop culture things. She delighted me by recognizing the spiral fidget toy and enjoying playing with it for a few moments. (I purchased two.) I offered that she could take and keep it, and she said, "but I'll lose interest", and I said, "so will I", which gave us a chuckle. Yes, stuff is just stuff, but it can be amusing for a while. And then shared with others for their amusement!

Today I am thankful for naps. I took two good ones this morning, after waking up too early in the wee hours.

Today I am grateful for a three day weekend, just to give me a little more breathing room to take those naps and do the regular chores. I aspire to do much more de-cluttering, but finding the time while still working a full time job proves challenging.

Today I am grateful that I work a job where my demise would be noticed. Adieu, Denise Prudhomme, may your memory be for blessing.

Today I am thankful that in our single-house state legislature state, the voters seem to be on top of their function as the second house.  Multiple ballot initiatives seem destined to appear on the ballot when next we raise our collective voices.

May you find many things to be thankful for today, too. 

4 comments:

  1. Family time is special.
    Four days and not one person noticed. That is beyond sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am astounded that someone can be dismissed in such a way. Every person deserves a check-in, no matter thoughts of 'they may be sleeping'.

    Daughter time is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, so lovely that you and your DD could just hang out and be together. Awwww, looks like Benji adores her, too.

    Good for you taking naps! They are restorative!

    Oh so on pins and needles to see how all the elections turn out.

    Here’s to a great weekend and taking advantage of some rest time!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read those ballot initiatives carefully, study ahead, and better yet, vote by mail so you can look things up while you vote!

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...