Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sept. 8: football and patience

Today I am grateful for football. Getting into the routine of the next season. DH seems happier with this diversion in the mix.

I am thankful for diet soda. When I feel the need to consume something or hydrate (I dislike water), it’s a useful tool that doesn’t break the calorie bank.

I am grateful for the skill of patience. I had to exercise it with myself today. I needed a break from routine! Ended up riding the exercise bike “mid-day” at 10:30. Paid a premium to restock the pantry from our local store; I just didn’t want to spend so much time shopping this week. Treated myself gently as I dealt with my own resistance to chores that must be done. Got them done anyway. Yay, me!

Remember, the only person you have to live with for the rest of your life is you. Today I am grateful for that knowledge, and fortunately seemed up to the challenge!

❤️

3 comments:

  1. Good job! And tomorrow is Monday and we start it all over again! Patience having her perfect work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, sounds like a good day all in all. Sometimes you have to take the help where you can get it (like using grocery pick up or delivery).

    HUGS and blessings
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for re-runs during football season. 😉

    ReplyDelete

September 22: Two restrooms

Today I am grateful we have more than one bathroom. For two people with very different sleep schedules, it’s amazing how frequently we need ...